This course is for professionals from all agencies and disciplines who attend, or are expected to attend child protection conferences as part of their role.
The aim of this course is to enable professionals from all agencies to participate effectively and confidently in child protection conferences.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Outline the structure and function of a strategy meeting, core group and a child protection conference
- Be able to confidently and competently prepare for and participate in child protection conferences
- Maintain focus on the child throughout in order to promote their safety
- Work openly and honestly in order to work effectively in partnership with families and children
- Explore issues surrounding parental and child attendance and participation at conferences to help them understand concerns for the child’s safety, and how this can be improved
- Identify the issues of power and inequity between professionals and families in order to be aware of the potential for oppressive practice
Independent learning and live online seminar via Teams