This course is for professionals from all agencies and disciplines who attend, or are expected to attend child protection conferences as part of their role.
The aim of this course is to enable professionals from all agencies to participate effectively and confidently in child protection conferences.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Outline the structure and function of a child protection conference so that they can confidently and competently prepare reports and share information
- Work openly and honestly in order to work effectively in partnership with families and children
- Explore issues surrounding parental and child attendance and participation at conferences to help them understand concerns for the child’s safety, and how this can be improved
- Identify the issues of power and inequity between professionals and families in order to be aware of the potential for oppressive practice
- Maintain focus on the child throughout the process in order to promote his or her safety and welfare
- Outline the structure and function of a core group and be able to describe the role of a core group member.
Venue, Parking & Refreshments
Britannia Place is situated just off Bath Street opposite the Seven Angels restaurant.
Public car-parking facilities (scratch card) is available at Minden Place (but please note this is only 3 hour parking) alternatively Green Street or Ann Street offers all day parking.
A variety of local food outlets are available within walking distance of the training room, or bring a packed lunch which can be eaten on the premises. Tea and coffee will be provided free of charge.