This course is suitable for those who have operational responsibility for receiving concerns about the safety and welfare of adults at risk, who make decisions about what action needs to be taken, contacting and liaising with other agencies involved in safeguarding adults at risk.
To outline the roles and responsibilities of the ‘Designated Lead/Safeguarding Adults Officer.’
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Describe the role of the Designated Lead/Safeguarding Adults officer and state the key areas of responsibility
- List the key legislation and guidance underpinning your organisation’s policy for responding to concerns about an adult at risk’s safety or welfare
- Decide what steps your organisation needs to take in order to effectively safeguard adults at risk with whom it has contact
- Identify blocks to staff reporting concerns within your organisation and identify how to overcome these
- State what is likely to happen following an referral to SPOR and/or the Safeguarding Team and what further role you may have as a Designated Lead
- List the key legislation and guidance in connection with recording and sharing of information relating to concerns about an adult at risk in Jersey
- Demonstrate and awareness of the emotional dimension of safeguarding work and be able to identify and network for personal support
Venue, Parking & Refreshments
Beresford House does not have disability access; however, training courses can be provided at alternative venues, should this be a problem please clarify any particular access requirements on the application form.
Beresford House is located at the end of Bellozanne Road, at the junction of St Andrews Road and La Route es Nouaux.
Public car-parking facilities (scratch card) are available at the Jardin de Soleil. There is also parking along Victoria Avenue. There is no car-parking available at Beresford House – sorry.
A variety of local food outlets are available within walking distance of the SPB training room, or bring a packed lunch which can be eaten on the premises. Tea and coffee will be provided free of charge.