This course is intended for those who work with children either in a professional or voluntary capacity and cannot access Foundation training via their own Organisation. This would include for example professionals such as non registered child carers, individuals that are self employed and those from the voluntary sector.
The aim of this course is to raise participant’s awareness of the risks to children through abuse, and for them to gain an understanding of their role and responsibility in safeguarding children.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Understand what is meant by the terms ‘Safeguarding’ and ‘Child Protection’.
- Recognise how Society’s beliefs, values and attitudes towards children and child abuse have changed over time
- List the four main categories of abuse as well as theirs signs and indicators
- Identify at least 5 barriers to safeguarding children and young people
- Respond effectively to concerns about the safety and welfare of a child/young person following their own agency and SPB Policies
Please note there is no parking available at The Bridge.