This course is intended for everyone who works with adults at risk
The aim of this course is to support good practice through promoting high quality recording and report writing and to be able to share information appropriately within agreed local protocols.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Identify that recording keeping is an essential part of the service provided to adults at risk.
- Record information regarding adults at risk according to best practice guidance
- Explain the importance of keeping accurate, relevant and contemporaneous records in order to maintain a record of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to support their professional practice.
- Differentiate between fact and opinion and articulate this effectively within records
- Know who to share information with and when.
- Name the current legislation in Jersey relating to information sharing and confidentiality in relation to adults at risk
Where to find Gervaise Le Gros Centre:
Gervaise Le Gros Resource Centre
Mont Les Vaux,
Jersey JE3 8AF
Bus Routes serving St Aubin: 12, 12a and 15
There is no parking at Gervaise. We suggest you use the free parking in St Aubin:
* On the road on the way into St Aubin’s from town
* Just past La Haule slip (by flats on the right hand side, if coming from town)
* At the top of the cobbled High Street (turn right up La Haule Hill, turn left just past Lucas Brother’s farm shop to get to the top of the High Street)
* At the entrance to the railway walk (on the left before the St Brelade’s language college)
There is also Pay card parking available:
* Behind the Parish Hall – 2 hours for a one unit paycard
* In front of Royal Channel Islands Yacht Club
Lunch and Refreshments
Teas and coffees are provided through the day, however, you will need to make your own arrangements for lunch. You are welcome to use the kitchen facilities available at the venue and plates and cutlery are available if needed. Please ensure that all items of crockery and other items are washed and put away after use.
If you prefer, St Aubin offers a wide variety of cafes, restaurants and public houses.