This course is intended for everyone who works with children and families where there are concerns about a child’s welfare.
The aim of this course is to support good practice through promoting high quality recording and report writing, and to be able to share information appropriately within agreed local protocols.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Identify that recording keeping is an essential part of the service provided to children and families.
- Record information regarding children and families according to best practice guidance
- Explain the importance of keeping accurate, relevant and contemporaneous records in order to maintain a record of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to support their professional practice
- Differentiate between fact and opinion and articulate this effectively within records.
- Know who to share information with and when.
- Name the current legislation in Jersey relating to information sharing and confidentiality
Venue, Parking & Refreshments
Beresford House does not have disability access; however, training courses can be provided at alternative venues, should this be a problem please clarify any particular access requirements on the application form.
Beresford House is located at the end of Bellozanne Road, at the junction of St Andrews Road and La Route es Nouaux.
Public car-parking facilities (scratch card) are available at the Jardin de Soleil. There is also parking along Victoria Avenue. There is no car-parking available at Beresford House – sorry.
A variety of local food outlets are available within walking distance of the SPB training room, or bring a packed lunch which can be eaten on the premises. Tea and coffee will be provided free of charge.