This course is suitable for professionals from either the statutory or voluntary services who work directly with adults at risk to provide common core skills and knowledge. It would suit staff who need more than a basic level of understanding for safeguarding adults at risk.
To enable practitioners working with adults at risk to understand safeguarding processes and relate these to their role and responsibilities within their work and the wider organisation.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Identify the signs and indicators of abuse in particular relation to the 7 categories of abuse outlined within local safeguarding adults at risk procedures
- Name the relevant legislation and guidance that provides the framework for safeguarding adults at risk in Jersey
- Explore how personal values and attitudes can shape judgements and understand the importance of anti-discriminatory practice
- Explain the role of capacity in relation to adult safeguarding and understand how capacity is assessed as outlined in the local Interim SPB multi-agency Capacity policy
- State the key principles of information sharing and identify best practice in recording safeguarding information
- Respond in an effective and timely manner to concerns about the safety and welfare of an adult at risk and be able to make a referral to SPOR
- Understand some of the current key issues in relation to safeguarding adults at risk and identify sources of support for their continuing professional development
Venue, Parking & Refreshments
Beresford House does not have disability access; however, training courses can be provided at alternative venues, should this be a problem please clarify any particular access requirements on the application form.
Beresford House is located at the end of Bellozanne Road, at the junction of St Andrews Road and La Route es Nouaux.
Public car-parking facilities (scratch card) are available at the Jardin de Soleil. There is also parking along Victoria Avenue. There is no car-parking available at Beresford House – sorry.
A variety of local food outlets are available within walking distance of the SPB training room, or bring a packed lunch which can be eaten on the premises. Tea and coffee will be provided free of charge.