This course is suitable for professionals from either the statutory or voluntary services who work directly with children, young people and their families. It provides common core skills and knowledge and would suit staff who need more than a basic level of understanding for safeguarding children and/or require refresher training on safeguarding and working together.
To enable practitioners working with children and/or families to understand safeguarding and child protection processes, and relate these to their role and responsibilities within their work and the wider organisation.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Identify the signs and indicators of abuse in particular relation to vulnerable groups of children and young people
- Name the relevant legislation and guidance that provides the framework for safeguarding children and young people
- Identify the key assessment processes in relation to safeguarding and protecting children and young people
- State the 7 key principles of information sharing and identify best practice in recording safeguarding information.
- Respond appropriately to a disclosure or allegation of abuse.
- Respond in an effective and timely manner to concerns about the safety and welfare of a child/young person, and be able to make an enquiry to MASH
- Identify some of the current key issues in relation to safeguarding children and young people
- Identify sources of support for their continuing professional development
Where to find Gervaise Le Gros Centre:
Gervaise Le Gros Resource Centre
Mont Les Vaux,
Jersey JE3 8AF
Bus Routes serving St Aubin: 12, 12a and 15
There is no parking at Gervaise. We suggest you use the free parking in St Aubin:
* On the road on the way into St Aubin’s from town
* Just past La Haule slip (by flats on the right hand side, if coming from town)
* At the top of the cobbled High Street (turn right up La Haule Hill, turn left just past Lucas Brother’s farm shop to get to the top of the High Street)
* At the entrance to the railway walk (on the left before the St Brelade’s language college)
There is also Pay card parking available:
* Behind the Parish Hall – 2 hours for a one unit paycard
* In front of Royal Channel Islands Yacht Club
Lunch and Refreshments
Teas and coffees are provided through the day, however, you will need to make your own arrangements for lunch. You are welcome to use the kitchen facilities available at the venue and plates and cutlery are available if needed. Please ensure that all items of crockery and other items are washed and put away after use.
If you prefer, St Aubin offers a wide variety of cafes, restaurants and public houses.