This course is intended for everyone who works with adults at risk either in a professional or voluntary capacity.
The aim of this course is to raise participant’s awareness of the risks to adults through abuse, and for them to gain an understanding of their role and responsibility in safeguarding adults at risk of abuse.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Know when and to whom suspected abuse should be reported
- Identify at least 5 barriers that can prevent the effective safeguarding of an adult at risk.
- Name the 7 categories of abuse and list their common signs and indicators
- Define the term ‘Adult at Risk’ in relation to Adult Safeguarding
- Explain the two criteria required to initiate a Safeguarding Adults Procedure
- List the 5 principles of Capacity as outlined within the local SPB Multi Agency Capacity Policy
Venue, Parking & Refreshments
Beresford House does not have disability access; however, training courses can be provided at alternative venues, should this be a problem please clarify any particular access requirements on the application form.
Beresford House is located at the end of Bellozanne Road, at the junction of St Andrews Road and La Route es Nouaux.
Public car-parking facilities (scratch card) are available at the Jardin de Soleil. There is also parking along Victoria Avenue. There is no car-parking available at Beresford House – sorry.
A variety of local food outlets are available within walking distance of the SPB training room, or bring a packed lunch which can be eaten on the premises. Tea and coffee will be provided free of charge.