This course is suitable for any professional who works with children and young people.
The aim of this course is to enable participants to understand what child exploitation is and to know how to respond appropriately.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Define Child Sexual Exploitation using the Department of Education’s definition (2017)
- List at least 4 different ways in which a young person could be the victim of Child Sexual Exploitation
- Identify at least 6 common indicators of CSE
- Describe how Child Sexual Exploitation affects children
- Use the SPB Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) Screening Tool in line with SPB Guidance, Child Sexual Exploitation
- Outline the role and function of a Multi-Agency Sexual Exploitation (MASE) meeting
- Describe the response of local agencies when there is a concern a child may be the victim of sexual exploitation in Jersey
Where to find Gervais Le Gros Centre:
Gervais Le Gros Resource Centre
Mont Les Vaux,
Jersey JE3 8AF
Bus Routes serving St Aubin: 12, 12a and 15
There is no parking at Gervais. We suggest you use the free parking in St Aubin:
* On the road on the way into St Aubin’s from town
* Just past La Haule slip (by flats on the right hand side, if coming from town)
* At the top of the cobbled High Street (turn right up La Haule Hill, turn left just past Lucas Brother’s farm shop to get to the top of the High Street)
* At the entrance to the railway walk (on the left before the St Brelade’s language college)
There is also Pay card parking available:
* Behind the Parish Hall – 2 hours for a one unit paycard
* In front of Royal Channel Islands Yacht Club
Lunch and Refreshments
Teas and coffees are provided through the day, however, you will need to make your own arrangements for lunch. You are welcome to use the kitchen facilities available at the venue and plates and cutlery are available if needed. Please ensure that all items of crockery and other items are washed and put away after use.
If you prefer, St Aubin offers a wide variety of cafes, restaurants and public houses.