This course is suitable for any professional who works with children and young people.
The aim of this course is to enable participants to understand what child exploitation is and to know how to respond appropriately.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Define Child Sexual Exploitation using the Department of Education’s definition (2017)
- List at least 4 different ways in which a young person could be the victim of Child Sexual Exploitation
- Identify at least 6 common indicators of CSE
- Describe how Child Sexual Exploitation affects children
- Use the SPB Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) Screening Tool in line with SPB Guidance, Child Sexual Exploitation
- Outline the role and function of a Multi-Agency Sexual Exploitation (MASE) meeting
- Describe the response of local agencies when there is a concern a child may be the victim of sexual exploitation in Jersey
St James Centre
St James Street
St Helier JE2 3QZ
Please note there is no parking available at St James Centre. The nearest public car park is at Green Street.
Teas and coffees are provided throughout the day, however, you will need to make your own arrangements for lunch.