This course is intended for everyone who works with children and/or families either in a professional or voluntary capacity.
To raise participant’s awareness of safeguarding children, and to gain an understanding of their role and responsibilities in relation to safeguarding children.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Define the terms ‘Safeguarding’ and ‘Child Protection’
- Recognise the ways in which society’s beliefs, values and attitudes, procedures and laws towards children and child abuse have changed over time
- List the four main categories of abuse as well as theirs signs and indicators, and identify current and emerging risks
- Identify at least 5 barriers that may present the effective safeguarding of children and young people
- Respond effectively to concerns about the safety and welfare of a child/young person following their own organisation and SPB Policy and procedures