A seminar for those who work with children and young people.
For more information please see flier:
This morning seminar will offer colleagues an opportunity to explore the learning from two local recent serious case reviews. This will include:
- Recognition of child sexual abuse
- Working with unco-operative and “hard to engage” families
- Responses when the requirements of the child protection plan are not met
- Recognition and responding to emotional abuse and neglect
- Roles and responsibilities of all those who work with or care for children and young people (Working Together 2015)
- The voice of the child
- Agency contributions to multi agency assessments
- Responses when early intervention has not been successful
- Practice in relation to children and young people who are not brought to health checks or appointments
- The importance of challenge and escalation
Venue, Parking & Refreshments
St Paul’s Centre is located in the heart of St Helier, along New Street. The nearest car park is at Minden Place.
There are a number of sandwich takeaways and cafes within a short walk or bring a packed lunch which can be eaten on the premises. Tea and coffee will be provided free of charge.