This is suitable for anyone who works with children and young people and their families
To enable all those working with children and young people and their families to gain a greater understanding of neglect and its impact on children and young people. The session will also introduce delegates to the Graded Care Profile 2 tool.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Name the six different forms of neglect
- Recognise the signs and indicators of child neglect and where these are identified on the SPB’s Continuum of Need
- Demonstrate an awareness of the impact of child neglect
- Recognise the risk factors for child neglect
- Name the tool used in Jersey to assess child neglect
This event is a 2.5 hour face to face session and also requires approximately 3 hours of pre-work which must be completed before coming on the session. Please do a Lateral Flow Test before attending.
16 Britannia Place, Bath Street, St Helier, JE2 4YS