This briefing event is intended for Senior staff, SPB members and Ministers with statutory and management responsibility for protecting vulnerable children and young people, as well as Safeguarding Partnership Board members.
The aim of this event is to increase understanding of the Safeguarding Partnership Board’s role and the responsibilities of individual organisations in their commitment to SPB objectives.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Understand the organisational structure and function of SAPB and SCPB
- Be familiar with the responsibilities of Board Members
- Have an understanding of the Principles of Co-operation with the SPB, as set out in Memorandum of Understanding
- Identify the 8 Safeguarding Standards identified to ensure organisations are safeguarding effectively
- Understand the learning from 2014 and 2015 Organisational Safeguarding Standards Audit
Venue, Parking & Refreshments
St Paul’s Centre is located in the heart of St Helier, along New Street. The nearest car park is at Minden Place.
There are a number of sandwich takeaways and cafes within a short walk or bring a packed lunch which can be eaten on the premises. Tea and coffee will be provided free of charge.