This course is suitable for professionals working with children and families.
The aim of this course is to enable participants to understand the ways in which children and families may be affected by domestic abuse and to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to respond appropriately.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Understand the dynamics of domestic abuse
- Identify the links between domestic abuse and child abuse
- Recognise the wide range of behaviours in domestic abuse which have an impact on the child and family
- Explain how impact domestic abuse can negatively impact parenting capacity
- Identify the differing attitudes and stereotypes that can exist about domestic abuse
- Explain the various responses of agencies and list what services are available in Jersey to support children and families experiencing domestic abuse.
Where to find Gervaise Le Gros Centre:
Gervaise Le Gros Resource Centre
Mont Les Vaux,
Jersey JE3 8AF
Bus Routes serving St Aubin: 12, 12a and 15
There is no parking at Gervaise. We suggest you use the free parking in St Aubin:
* On the road on the way into St Aubin’s from town
* Just past La Haule slip (by flats on the right hand side, if coming from town)
* At the top of the cobbled High Street (turn right up La Haule Hill, turn left just past Lucas Brother’s farm shop to get to the top of the High Street)
* At the entrance to the railway walk (on the left before the St Brelade’s language college)
There is also Pay card parking available:
* Behind the Parish Hall – 2 hours for a one unit paycard
* In front of Royal Channel Islands Yacht Club
Lunch and Refreshments
Teas and coffees are provided through the day, however, you will need to make your own arrangements for lunch. You are welcome to use the kitchen facilities available at the venue and plates and cutlery are available if needed. Please ensure that all items of crockery and other items are washed and put away after use.
If you prefer, St Aubin offers a wide variety of cafes, restaurants and public houses.