This course is suitable for professionals working with children and families.
The aim of this course is to enable participants to understand the ways in which children and families may be affected by domestic abuse and to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to respond appropriately.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Understand the dynamics of domestic abuse
- Identify the links between domestic abuse and child abuse
- Recognise the wide range of behaviours in domestic abuse which have an impact on the child and family
- Explain how impact domestic abuse can negatively impact parenting capacity
- Identify the differing attitudes and stereotypes that can exist about domestic abuse
- Explain the various responses of agencies and list what services are available in Jersey to include an introduction to the Risk Identification Checklist
Lunch and Refreshments
Teas and coffees are provided through the day, however, you will need to make your own arrangements for lunch.