This course is suitable for professionals working with children and families.
The aim of this course is to enable participants to understand the ways in which children and families may be affected by domestic abuse and to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to respond appropriately.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Understand the dynamics of domestic abuse
- Identify the links between domestic abuse and child abuse
- Recognise the wide range of behaviours in domestic abuse which have an impact on the child and family
- Explain how impact domestic abuse can negatively impact parenting capacity
- Identify the differing attitudes and stereotypes that can exist about domestic abuse
- Explain the various responses of agencies and list what services are available in Jersey to support children and families experiencing domestic abuse.
Venue, Parking & Refreshments
Beresford House does not have disability access; however, training courses can be provided at alternative venues, should this be a problem please clarify any particular access requirements on the application form.
Beresford House is located at the end of Bellozanne Road, at the junction of St Andrews Road and La Route es Nouaux.
Public car-parking facilities (scratch card) are available at the Jardin de Soleil. There is also parking along Victoria Avenue. There is no car-parking available at Beresford House – sorry.
A variety of local food outlets are available within walking distance of the SPB training room, or bring a packed lunch which can be eaten on the premises. Tea and coffee will be provided free of charge.