This course is intended for anyone who works with children or adults where there is a need to understand the Sexual Offences Law and how to refer to the Sexual Assault Referral Centre.
The aim of this course is to enable participants to describe the Sexual Offences (Jersey) Law 2018 and know how to refer to the Sexual Assault Referral Centre.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Explain the meaning of consent in relation to the Sexual Offences (Jersey) Law 2018
- Describe the 5 key aspects of the Sexual Offences (Jersey) Law
- Explain the ‘abuse of trust’ offences against persons aged 16 or 17 years old
- Respond effectively to disclosure of a sexual offence and know what to do next
Where to find Gervais Le Gros Centre:
Gervais Le Gros Resource Centre
Mont Les Vaux,
Jersey JE3 8AF
Bus Routes serving St Aubin: 12, 12a and 15
There is no parking at Gervais. We suggest you use the free parking in St Aubin:
* On the road on the way into St Aubin’s from town
* Just past La Haule slip (by flats on the right hand side, if coming from town)
* At the top of the cobbled High Street (turn right up La Haule Hill, turn left just past Lucas Brother’s farm shop to get to the top of the High Street)
* At the entrance to the railway walk (on the left before the St Brelade’s language college)
There is also Pay card parking available:
* Behind the Parish Hall – 2 hours for a one unit paycard
* In front of Royal Channel Islands Yacht Club
Teas and coffees are provided through the day, however, you will need to make your own arrangements for lunch. You are welcome to use the kitchen facilities available at the venue and plates and cutlery are available if needed. Please ensure that all items of crockery and other items are washed and put away after use.
If you prefer, St Aubin offers a wide variety of cafes, restaurants and public houses.