This course is suitable for professionals working with Adults at Risk that would benefit from an understanding of the Safeguarding Adults Process including when and why a Safeguarding Investigation may be initiated.
To provide an overview of the Safeguarding Adults Process, outlining the 7 stages outlined within the local Multi Agency Adult Procedures including the initiation of a Safeguarding Investigation.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- List the 7 stages of the Safeguarding Adults process and outline the key functions of each stage
- Outline the purpose of an Initial Strategy meeting and be able to contribute effectively to a Safeguarding Plan
- Name at least 3 other processes / investigations that may occur concurrently to a safeguarding investigation and outline the impact they may have on a safeguarding adults investigation
- List the key responsibilities of the Investigating Officer
- Outline the purpose of a Case Conference and be able to contribute effectively to the decision making process
Venue, Parking & Refreshments
Beresford House does not have disability access; however, training courses can be provided at alternative venues, should this be a problem please clarify any particular access requirements on the application form.
Beresford House is located at the end of Bellozanne Road, at the junction of St Andrews Road and La Route es Nouaux.
Public car-parking facilities (scratch card) are available at the Jardin de Soleil. There is also parking along Victoria Avenue. There is no car-parking available at Beresford House – sorry.
A variety of local food outlets are available within walking distance of the SPB training room, or bring a packed lunch which can be eaten on the premises. Tea and coffee will be provided free of charge.