*** It is strongly recommended that anyone attending this course also attends the Local Services Showcase day on May 23rd 2018 which will provide valuable information on how to support children, families and adults at risk who do not meet Thresholds for social care. Details of this day can also be found on our website. ***
***Please register online. ***
This course is suitable for professionals from either the statutory or voluntary services who work with adults at risk and their families. Attendees should be those in a position to identify adults at risk who require support.
The aim of this course is to familiarise participants with the thresholds for Jersey incorporated in the Multi-agency Safeguarding Adults at Risk Procedures. This course also provides practical help in supporting adults at risk by providing information on local services as well as encouraging multi-agency working.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Understand what ‘thresholds’ are in relation to adult safeguarding, their purpose and how they are used.
- Explore how personal values and attitudes can shape judgements and understand the importance of anti-discriminatory practice.
- Be able to use local SPB Multi-Agency Adult Thresholds in line with organisational policy and procedures.
- Understand the role of others in the safeguarding process and be able to list other support services available to adults at risk Jersey.
- Be able to make a referral to SPOR and understand the roles of both the Adult Social Work Team and the Adult Safeguarding Team
- Discuss safeguarding concerns effectively with professionals from a variety of different disciplines.
Please note: there is no parking at Gervaise Le Gros