*** It is strongly recommended that anyone attending this course also attends the Local Services Showcase day on May 23rd 2018 which will provide valuable information on how to support children, families and adults at risk who do not meet Thresholds for social care. Details of this day can also be found on our website. ***
***Please register online. ***
This course is suitable for professionals from either the statutory or voluntary services who work with adults at risk and their families. Attendees should be those in a position to identify adults at risk who require support.
The aim of this course is to familiarise participants with the thresholds for Jersey incorporated in the Multi-agency Safeguarding Adults at Risk Procedures. This course also provides practical help in supporting adults at risk by providing information on local services as well as encouraging multi-agency working.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Understand what ‘thresholds’ are in relation to adult safeguarding, their purpose and how they are used.
- Explore how personal values and attitudes can shape judgements and understand the importance of anti-discriminatory practice.
- Be able to use local SPB Multi-Agency Adult Thresholds in line with organisational policy and procedures.
- Understand the role of others in the safeguarding process and be able to list other support services available to adults at risk Jersey.
- Be able to make a referral to SPOR and understand the roles of both the Adult Social Work Team and the Adult Safeguarding Team
- Discuss safeguarding concerns effectively with professionals from a variety of different disciplines.
Where to find Gervaise Le Gros Centre:
Gervaise Le Gros Resource Centre
Mont Les Vaux,
Jersey JE3 8AF
Bus Routes serving St Aubin: 12, 12a and 15
There is no parking at Gervaise. We suggest you use the free parking in St Aubin:
* On the road on the way into St Aubin’s from town
* Just past La Haule slip (by flats on the right hand side, if coming from town)
* At the top of the cobbled High Street (turn right up La Haule Hill, turn left just past Lucas Brother’s farm shop to get to the top of the High Street)
* At the entrance to the railway walk (on the left before the St Brelade’s language college)
There is also Pay card parking available:
* Behind the Parish Hall – 2 hours for a one unit paycard
* In front of Royal Channel Islands Yacht Club
Lunch and Refreshments
Teas and coffees are provided through the day, however, you will need to make your own arrangements for lunch. You are welcome to use the kitchen facilities available at the venue and plates and cutlery are available if needed. Please ensure that all items of crockery and other items are washed and put away after use.
If you prefer, St Aubin offers a wide variety of cafes, restaurants and public houses.