*** This is a Two Day Course: Mon 17th & Wed 19th October 2015 ***
This course is suitable for professionals from either the statutory or voluntary services who work with adults at risk and their families. Attendees should be those in a position to identify adults at risk who require support.
The aim of this course is to familiarise participants with the thresholds for Jersey incorporated in the Multi-agency Safeguarding Adults at Risk Procedures. This course also provides practical help in supporting adults at risk by providing information on local services as well as encouraging multi-agency working.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Understand what ‘thresholds’ are in relation to adult safeguarding, their purpose and how they are used.
- Explore how personal values and attitudes can shape judgements and understand the importance of anti-discriminatory practice.
- Be able to use local SPB Multi-Agency Adult Thresholds in line with organisational policy and procedures.
- Understand the role of others in the safeguarding process and be able to list other support services available to adults at risk Jersey.
- Be able to make a referral to SPOR and understand the roles of both the Adult Social Work Team and the Adult Safeguarding Team
- Discuss safeguarding concerns effectively with professionals from a variety of different disciplines.
Venue, Parking & Refreshments
Day 1: Beresford house
Beresford House does not have disability access; however, training courses can be provided at alternative venues, should this be a problem please clarify any particular access requirements on the application form.
Beresford House is located at the end of Bellozanne Road, at the junction of St Andrews Road and La Route es Nouaux.
Public car-parking facilities (scratch card) are available at the Jardin de Soleil. There is also parking along Victoria Avenue. There is no car-parking available at Beresford House – sorry.
A variety of local food outlets are available within walking distance of the SPB training room, or bring a packed lunch which can be eaten on the premises. Tea and coffee will be provided free of charge.
Day 2: Don Theatre, Fort Regent
Fort Regent leisure centre is located in St Helier. Car parking is available on site.
There are a number of sandwich takeaways and cafes within a short walk into town or you can bring a packed lunch. Tea and coffee will be provided free of charge.