This is suitable for anyone who works directly with children, young people and their families and provides common core skills and knowledge.
The aim of this course is to familiarise participants with the Continuum of Needs document for Jersey incorporated in the Multi-agency Child Protection Procedures. This course also provides practical help in supporting children and families at Tiers 1 & 2 by providing information on local services at these levels, as well as encouraging multi-agency working.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Be able to state the ages at which key developmental milestones and stages typically occur to help identify changes in behaviour or progress which may indicate abuse
- Explain what thresholds are, why we have them and their purpose in safeguarding/protecting children
- Outline the importance of early intervention in order to safeguard children and young people and name the model used locally to support children who do not meet the threshold for Children’s Social Care
- Be able to identify the appropriate level of response and different levels of intervention required in order to safeguard children and young people using the SPB Multi Agency Continuum of Need guidance
- Be able to name the policy which supports the escalation and resolution of professional differences
This event is a 3 hour face to face session and also requires approximately 3 hours of pre-work which must be completed before coming on the session. Please do a Lateral Flow Test before attending.
16 Britannia Place, Bath Street, St Helier, JE2 4YS
Children’s Competency Framework: Target Group 2