This course is suitable for professionals from either the statutory or voluntary services who work with children, young people and their families. Attendees should be those in a position to identify children, young people and/or families who require support.
The aim of this course is to familiarise participants with the Continuum of Need document for Jersey incorporated in the Multi-agency Child Protection Procedures. This course also provides practical help in supporting children and families at Tiers 1 & 2 by providing information on local services at these levels, as well as encouraging multi-agency working.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Describe how personal values and attitudes can shape judgements, and outline the importance of anti-discriminatory practice
- Explain my role and the role of others in the safeguarding process
- Explain what thresholds are, why we have them and their purpose in safeguarding children
- Outline the importance of early intervention in order to safeguard children and young people and name the model used locally to support children who do not meet threshold for children’s services
- Correctly identify the appropriate level of response and different levels of intervention required in order to safeguard children and young people using the SPB Multi-Agency Continuum of Need Guidance
- Use at least two different tools available to aid assessment, analysis and professional judgement
- Make an effective enquiry to MASH
“Drouet de Barentin”, Institute of Law, Top Floor, Turner Building, Highlands Lane, St Saviour. Please note parking is first come first served in Highlands car park. Should you require a disabled parking space, please request this when completing your registration.
Lunch and Refreshments
Teas and coffees are provided through the day, however, you will need to make your own arrangements for lunch.