*** It is strongly recommended that anyone attending this course also attends the Local Services Showcase day on May 23rd 2018 which will provide valuable information on how to support children, families and adults at risk who do not meet Thresholds for social care. Details of this day can also be found on our website. ***
***Please register online. ***
This course is suitable for professionals from either the statutory or voluntary services who work with children, young people and their families. Attendees should be those in a position to identify children, young people and/or families who require support.
The aim of this course is to familiarise participants with the Continuum of Need document for Jersey incorporated in the Multi-agency Child Protection Procedures. This course also provides practical help in supporting children and families at Tiers 1 & 2 by providing information on local services at these levels, as well as encouraging multi-agency working.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Explain what Continuum of Needs are, the purpose and how they are used.
- Identify how personal values and attitudes can shape judgements and understand the importance of anti-discriminatory practice.
- Use a range of tools that can be used to help clarify concerns regarding a child or young person before making an enquiry to MASH.
- Identify ways in which their service can support children and families who may not meet Children’s Services Thresholds
- Explain the role of others in the safeguarding process and be able to list other support services available to children and families at Tiers 1 & 2 in Jersey.
- Make an Enquiry to MASH and understand how MASH operates.
Please note: there is no parking at Gervaise Le Gros