*** It is strongly recommended that anyone attending this course also attends the Local Services Showcase day on April 26th 2017 which will provide valuable information on how to support children, families and adults at risk who do not meet Thresholds for social care. Details of this day can also be found on our website. ***
***Please register online. ***
This course is suitable for professionals from either the statutory or voluntary services who work with children, young people and their families. Attendees should be those in a position to identify children, young people and/or families who require support.
The aim of this course is to familiarise participants with the thresholds for Jersey incorporated in the Multi-agency Child Protection Procedures. This course also provides practical help in supporting children and families at Tiers 1 & 2 by providing information on local services at these levels, as well as encouraging multi-agency working.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Explain what Thresholds are, their purpose and how they are used.
- Identify how personal values and attitudes can shape judgements and understand the importance of anti-discriminatory practice.
- Use a range of tools that can be used to help clarify concerns regarding a child or young person before making an enquiry to MASH.
- Identify ways in which their service can support children and families who may not meet Children’s Services Thresholds
- Explain the role of others in the safeguarding process and be able to list other support services available to children and families at Tiers 1 & 2 in Jersey.
- Make an Enquiry to MASH and understand how MASH operates.
Venue, Parking & Refreshments
23 Hill Street does not have disability access; however, training courses can be provided at alternative venues, should this be a problem please clarify any particular access requirements on the application form.
Public car-parking facilities (scratch card) are available at Green Street or Pier Road.
A variety of local food outlets are available within walking distance of the SPB training room, or bring a packed lunch which can be eaten on the premises. Tea and coffee will be provided free of charge.