Safeguarding Adults at Risk of abuse or harm
Organisations are working together in Jersey to ensure that:
- Adults at Risk living in Jersey are supported to safeguard themselves from abuse and can report any concerns they may have
- there is a zero tolerance approach to the abuse of Adults at Risk where this occurs.
What do we mean by an Adult at Risk?
We mean people over 18 years of age who are or may be in need of care and support services because they:
- have a physical or sensory disability
- have a learning disability
- have mental health needs
- are a frail older person
- and/or are unable to protect themselves against harm or exploitation.
What do we mean by Abuse?
Abuse is a violation of a person’s rights or dignity by someone else which may result in significant harm.
Find out more about Adult Abuse.