If you are a Child or Young Person, this part of the website is for you. We can help if:
- you are being mistreated or abused by someone and you are not sure what to do;
- you think another child/young person is being mistreated or abused and want to report your concerns;
- you need advice or need to talk to someone, and want to confidentially talk to us.
This page also provides information and links to help and advice on things such as:
- How to stay safe online;
- What to do if you are being bullied or cyber-bullied;
- What is a healthy relationship?
Places to get Help and Advice
If you are worried about the safety or wellbeing of yourself or another young person, there are a number of places where you can get help and advice:
- Talk to Childline in the UK via the Childline website or on 0800 1111
- Call the Children and Families Hub locally on 01534 519000
- Call the police if you or someone you know is in immediate danger on 01534 612612 (or 999 in emergencies)
- Speak to someone like your teacher or youth worker, who will be able to advise you, or email email@example.com
Child Sexual Exploitation Video
For more videos and information visit the States of Jersey Child Sexual Exploitation campaign page.
Please give someone the chance to help you; it can be difficult to talk to friends or family about how you feel.
These services are set up to help you:
- Access Papyrus, an organization which speaks openly about suicide and has the resources to help young people who may have suicidal thoughts.
- Access the Youth Enquiry Service (YES) a counseling service for your people which is open after school.
- Access the Samaritans’ helpline (open all the time).
- Access Mind Jersey for more information.