Periodically, the SPB provides ‘Training for Trainers (Children)’ and ‘Training for Trainers (Adult) courses. Staff completing this training will be able to provide single-agency Foundation Safeguarding Adults at Risk Training or Safeguarding or Foundation Child Safeguarding training and become a member of the SPB Pool Trainers.
The role of Pool Trainer within an organisation carries an associated commitment, details of which can be clarified with the SPB Training Officers. Line managers must be aware of on-going commitments, including costs, when approving applications.
The Learning Outcomes for the Training the Trainers courses for both Children and Adults are as follows:
- Demonstrate knowledge of safeguarding adults at risk/children policy, practice and procedures
- Understand the emotional component of child/adult safeguarding training and describe various strategies for managing this during training
- Identify your own and others preferred styles of learning and understand how different learning styles influence the training process
- Facilitate a range of training methods that integrate principles of diversity and anti-discriminatory practice into training
- Facilitate a foundation training session on adult/child safeguarding
To register your interest for this course please email firstname.lastname@example.org