What this page offers
The Safeguarding Partnership Board have added this page to the website amidst the COVID 19 pandemic, to ensure that islanders can access the most up to date information in a quick and easy way.
The information on this page is for agencies, services, practitioners and members of the general public.
Please note: Some if the below links are UK websites – please seek specific local guidance as required.
See it, Hear it, Report it campaign – launched by the Departments for Children, Young People Education and Skills and Justice and Home Affairs, with support across the whole Government, States of Jersey Police and the Safegaurding Partnership Board, to encourage Islanders to work together to keep everyone at heightened risk safe and in sight.
For more details please visit the States of Jersey Police website
- The Government of Jersey website provides the most up to date health information and advice for Jersey islanders and includes:
- ‘Stay at Home’ guidance
- advice for businesses
- travel advice
- parent and carer guidance about coronavirus
- advice on isolation for individuals and households
- sickness benefits advice for isolation due to coronavirus
- social distancing advice
- voluntary and community sector organisations guidance
- States of Jersey Police website – providing the latest news, support and advice to help keep islanders safe from crime including information on cyber-crime, scams and financial abuse.
- Jersey Care Commission – providing information for providers of regulated activities to refer to throughout the COVID-19 situation.
- Customer and Local Services – providing information on front line government services.
- Health and Wellbeing – Government of Jersey advice on how to stay healthy and connected.
- UK websites offering advice and guidance around staying safe online: www.saferinternet.org.uk, www.internetmatters.org/issues/ and www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/
- Research in Practice (Adults and Children) – providing academic research, practice expertise and the experiences of people accessing services. Latest guidance on the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Mind Jersey – providing information, support and training for anyone living with a mental health problem.
- How to make your own face mask
- Safeguarding Fabulous Fortnight – Safeguarding events (UK based) on a variety of topics running throughout June 2020.
Safeguarding Children, Young People and Families – Information and resources:
- New! Practice note for the Repeal of the Childrens (Jersey) Law 2002 Article 79 – the smacking ban law
- Children and Families Hub – provides information, advice and support for families and young people. The aim of the hub is to make sure you get the right help, at the right time. The hub also responds to any safeguarding concerns you may have for a child or young person.
- Best Start Partnership – providing information and support for children, families and practitioners during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Children’s Commissioner Jersey – ensuring that the rights of children and young people in Jersey are promoted and protected. Website includes child friendly explanations of the Coronavirus in English, Portuguese and Polish and ‘Stuck-at-home kits’ for children learning from home.
- NSPCC – offering support and advice during the COVID 19 pandemic and on how to keep children safe from abuse
- Jersey Childcare Trust – providing the latest news relating to the COVID 19 pandemic
- Dewberry House Jersey – providing urgent advice/appointments for people who have been raped or sexually assaulted.
- Young Minds – providing useful advice for teens and young people who may be anxious about COVID-19 and how to look after their mental health during self isolation.
- Coping – Family life during lockdown – UK website dveloped by East Berkshire Clinical Commissiong Group offering some helpful advice to families during lockdown
- PANTS – The underwear rule – with the help of the friendly dinosaur Pantosaurus, PANTS is a simple way to talk to your child about staying safe from sexual abuse. Includes advice, resources, activity packs and a sing along!
- Learning At Home – website designed to support you and your child with the challenges of home learning whilst our schools are closed
- Coronavirus – A Book for Children – Free PDF written by the illustrator of ‘The Gruffalo’
- This video is useful for explaining to children with Special Education Need and/or Disability on how to wash your hands and maintain social distancing during this COVID-19 outbreak. It uses simple language, pictures and Makaton sign language. Useful for professionals and parents. Click here to view
- This is an excellent video explaining social distancing and what it means for young people. Useful for parents and professionals. Click here to view If you are logged on from gov.je, for security reasons you will need to copy this link to a personal device to view: https://adobe.ly/2xWQWq
Safeguarding Adults – Information and resources:
- Jersey Domestic Abuse Support – an independent service developed to protect and support victims of domestic and sexual abuse.
- Jersey Action Against Rape (JAAR)
- Domestic Abuse Guidance/pathway for practitioners
- The Listening Lounge – provides mental health & wellbeing support for adults aged 18 and over in Jersey.
- Mens Advice Line -(UK) offering non-judgmental emotional support, practical advice and information to men suffering from domestic abuse.
- Safelives – UK-wide charity dedicated to ending domestic abuse, for everyone and for good.
- EASY READ version of ‘Stay home and stay safe’ and ‘COVID 19 Wellbeing’
- Care Academy Jersey – in response to the COVID 19 pandemic and in collaboration with the SPB – online foundation training (ADULTS) is now available online
If you require community support or are interested in volunteering during the COVID 19 pandemic, please click Connect Me for more information
Emergency ONLY: 999
Coronavirus Helpline: 01534 445566
Youth Enquiry Service (YES) Freephone helpline for young people up to 25 years: 0800 7350 010
Children and Families Hub: 01534 519000
Childline: 0800 1111
Dewberry House SARC helpline: 01534 888222
Jersey Domestic Abuse Support: 01534 880505
Jersey Women’s Refuge: 0800 7356836
Adults Social Services (Single Point of Referral SPOR): 01534 444440