The Safeguarding Partnership Board (SPB) recognises that Safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility. Voluntary sector agencies are an essential part of the network of agencies and individuals, statutory, private and voluntary that contribute to the safety of children and of adults on the Island.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
The Safeguarding Partnership Board has produced a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) which explains how it seeks to work with partner agencies. An increasing number of voluntary sector agencies are now signatories of the MOU and so may take part in the regular audit process which allows them to assess their organisation from a safeguarding perspective.
This document is available via the States of Jersey website here – MoU and Audit Template.
- Introduction to Safeguarding for the Voluntary Community Sector
- Safeguarding children sample policy
- Safeguarding adults at risk sample policy
- Safe recruitment policy
- Voluntary & Community Sector escalation policy and resolution pathway
- Risk register Matrix assessment of adult risk to others
- Client risk register
- Risk Committee Board report
- Sample DBS check and training spreadsheet
- Whistle blowing policy
Voluntary Sector representatives currently on the Safeguarding Partnership Board are:
- Fiona Vacher of Jersey Child Care Trust – [email protected]
- Jocelyn Butterworth of Jersey Employment Trust – [email protected]
Please contact a VCS representative for advice.